...Without Un-friending Them
We all have them: Friends, family members and acquaintances who insist on clogging up our Facebook News Feed with pointless statuses, relationship woes, declarations of their faith, photos of their cars/kids/meals etc.
I love you but... please stop spamming my life with your mundane crap!
So you want to remove someone from your News Feed but you don't want to un-friend them and you certainly don't want them to find out that you find photos of their freshly washed Mazda a pointless drain on your energy and time. Here's what you do...
- Go to their profile
- Hover over the "Friends" button on the right hand side. After a second you'll see a pop-up with some options
- Click on the option "Show in News Feed" to disable it.
From now on, they'll no longer show up in your News Feed.
NOTE - You can also click on the "Settings..." option just below "Show in News Feed" to change the frequency and type of posts that Facebook will show you from this user.
How to Re-add Someone to Your News Feed
So, further down the line, you've changed your mind and have decided you want to include this person in your News Feed again. What do you do? You have two options:
If there's just one person who you'd like to re-add, follow steps 1-3 above. That should be enough to include the person in your Feed again. If you'd like to re-include multiple people without the hassle of going to each of their profiles one by one then you can try this...
- Make sure you're on your News Feed screen (go to www.facebook.com)
- On the left you'll see "News Feed" and if you hover over it you'll see a little edit button - click that!
- From here you'll see a list of all of the people you've hidden and you can click the "x" by their name to re-add them
Your Facebooking experience should be a little more pleasurable now - You're welcome!